RE: [gef-dev] Common Command Infrastructure

IMHO this looks like the best way to go.

CU, Gunnar

From: gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Randy Hudson
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 3:33 PM
To: GEF development
Cc: GEF development; gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [gef-dev] Common Command Infrastructure

The most likely thing to happen is to keep using GEF commands and provide a CommandStack implementation which wraps command in an operation, and delegates to an operation history instance.  This was technically possible for 3.1, but we didn't feel that the operation framework was stable enough during the 3.1 dev cycle to spend time working on this type of bridge.

What do you think of this type of solution?  If any clients are already implementing such a command stack on top of 3.1, we would appreciate the contributino.

-Randy

Pratik Shah/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/09/2005 10:01 AM

Please respond to
GEF development

GEF development <gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [gef-dev] Common Command Infrastructure

Gunnar,

We will be considering it for 3.2.  However, since we have to maintain backward-compatibility, we can't just dump our current method.  Unless we find a suitable common ground, this probably won't happen for 3.2.  We'll keep the community updated on this issue.

Pratik Shah
Graphical Editing Framework (GEF)
http://www.eclipse.org/gef
Ph: (919) 254-5043
Fx: (919) 254-8169

"Gunnar Wagenknecht" <G.Wagenknecht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/09/2005 01:58 AM

Please respond to
GEF development

<gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[gef-dev] Common Command Infrastructure

Hi!

Is the GEF team planning to adopt the new commond command infrastructure
in 3.2?

Cu, Gunnar