[gef-dev] Painting Question

Hello,

I've recently begun developing an RCP application that utilizes GEF.
Things have been going well, I've been using the flow, logic, schema
editor, and shapes examples to guide me.  However, I've run into a
snag and I can't figure it out.  It's something simple, I'm sure, but
for the life of me I can't figure it out from the examples.

When I use an existing Figure for my top-level diagram, paint() is
called and all of the children figures are displayed on the screen.
When I try to switch the top-level diagram figure to a custom figure,
paint() never gets called.  In both cases, though, my models, edit
parts, and figures are getting created properly.  The children figures
are even getting added to the diagram figure.  So obviously I need to
do something to trip off the paint() call.

Like I said before, I'm sure it is something simple.  Any help or
hints you can provide would be great.  I can furnish source code if
need be.

Thanks,
Josh Reed

Back to the top