Re: [gef-dev] How can I select a figure in a ViewPart

Hi Randy,

again, thanks for your quick reply.

I think I really have to clarify my question, it was to vague.

Of course it is clear, that only edit parts can be selected. The problem
is that instead of an editor I need a view. I read all the mail from the
newsgroup but there is no clear answer on this issue (altough there were
a lot of requests regarding this problem).
As I understood in case one wants to use a view part instead of an edit
part, one has to implement a lot of functionality on his own.

In my view I use the org.eclipse.gef.GraphicalViewer. On this viewer I
am adding a selection changed listener (this is how it is done commonly
also with other viewers like a TreeViewer).
My problem is that I am not receiving any selection changed event. My
edit parts can be selected (by returning true for the method
isSelectable() ).

What could be the problem for not getting this notification? Any hint
for solving this problem would be really great!

Thanks in advance,
Patrick