Re: [gef-dev] How can I select a figure in a ViewPart

You can't select figures, only editparts.  The editpartviewer maintains selection and supports listeners.

-Randy

Patrick Poglitsch <poglitsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/23/2005 10:57 AM

Please respond to
GEF development

GEF development <gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [gef-dev] How can I select a figure in a ViewPart

Thanks for your quick reply.

sorry for my bad question.
I would like to know how can I implement a Selectionlistener on a ViewPart.
I checked the newsgroups but I can't find any answer of my question. The
only answer was that i should implement it by my self.

cheers,

Patrick

Chris Aniszczyk schrieb:

> StructuredSelection selection = new StructuredSelection(myEditPart);
> getGraphicalViewer().setSelection(selection);
> // once selected if you want to get it so the graphicalviewer scrolls
> to reveal the part on the screen
> getGraphicalViewer().reveal(myEditPart);
>
> That should work. Please check the newsgroups first for the answers.
> It may not seem like it, but there's a lot of answers there.
>
> Cheers,
>
> ~ Chris
>

> *Patrick Poglitsch <poglitsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>*
> Sent by: gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> 05/23/2005 09:21 AM
> Please respond to
> GEF development <gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>                  GEF development <gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
>                  [gef-dev] How can I select a figure in a ViewPart
>

> I need to select a figure in a ViewPart.
> Can anyone help me how to select a figure in a ViewPart?
>
> please help
>
> Patrick

Patrick Poglitsch

Testing Technologies IST GmbH
Rosenthalerstr. 13, 10119 Berlin, Germany

phone: +49 30 726 19 19 22
fax  : +49 30 726 19 19 20
email: poglitsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web  : www.testingtech.de