From: gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Christian Dupuis
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 4:59 AM
To: gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [gef-dev] FanRouter and ShortestPathConnectionRouter
together

Hi,

first of all thanks for your answer Randy.

Unfortunatly the shapes example only uses the SPCR standalone. If I try
extend the logic example in order to use FanRouter with SPCR I don't see
any
connections anymore.

I changed the refreshVisualls() in LogicDiagramEditPart to the following

else {
        AutomaticRouter fanrouter = new FanRouter();
        ShortestPathConnectionRouter router =
			new ShortestPathConnectionRouter(getFigure());
        fanrouter.setNextRouter(router);
	cLayer.setConnectionRouter(fanrouter);
	getFigure().setLayoutManager(new
ShortestPathConnectionRouter.LayoutWrapper(
				layout,router));
	}

Is there a way to extend the SPCR to handle overlapping/same connections
like
FanRouter? Any hints would be great.

Greetings
Christian

Quoting Randy Hudson <hudsonr@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> I think that the shapes example uses both routers together.  It should
> work fine.  The exception looks like you have a Connection with 0
points.
> This should not be possible since SPCR always sets at least the start
and
> end points.
>
> - Randy
>

> Christian Dupuis <spring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
> 04/27/2005 06:05 PM
> Please respond to
> GEF development

> gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> cc
>
> Subject
> [gef-dev] FanRouter and ShortestPathConnectionRouter together
>

> Hello,
>
> is there a way to use FanRouter and ShortestPathConnectionRouter
together?
> Because after using the routing of ShortestPathConnectionRouter I
still
> have
> connections between the same nodes which are overlapping.
>
> If I use the to routers together
>
> ConnectionLayer cLayer = (ConnectionLayer) getLayer(CONNECTION_LAYER);
> FanRouter fanRouter = new FanRouter();
> ShortestPathConnectionRouter router = new
> ShortestPathConnectionRouter(getFigure());
> fanRouter.setNextRouter(router);
> cLayer.setConnectionRouter(fanRouter);
>
> I'll get the following stacktrace:
>
> java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: -1, Size: 0
>        at
> org.eclipse.draw2d.geometry.PointList.getPoint(PointList.java:183)
>        at

org.eclipse.draw2d.ConnectionLocator.getLocation(ConnectionLocator.java:
120)
>        at
org.eclipse.draw2d.ArrowLocator.relocate(ArrowLocator.java:42)
>        at
> org.eclipse.draw2d.DelegatingLayout.layout(DelegatingLayout.java:71)
>        at org.eclipse.draw2d.Figure.layout(Figure.java:928)
>        at

org.eclipse.draw2d.PolylineConnection.layout(PolylineConnection.java:156
)
>        at org.eclipse.draw2d.Figure.validate(Figure.java:1604)
>        at org.eclipse.draw2d.Figure.validate(Figure.java:1606)
>        at org.eclipse.draw2d.Figure.validate(Figure.java:1606)
>        at org.eclipse.draw2d.Figure.validate(Figure.java:1606)
>        at org.eclipse.draw2d.Figure.validate(Figure.java:1606)
>        at org.eclipse.draw2d.Figure.validate(Figure.java:1606)
>        at org.eclipse.draw2d.Viewport.validate(Viewport.java:357)
>        at org.eclipse.draw2d.Figure.validate(Figure.java:1606)
>        at

org.eclipse.draw2d.DeferredUpdateManager.validateFigures(DeferredUpdateM
anager.java:237)