Re: [gef-dev] GUI Graph Editor Java based open source

Hi Rinchen,

I'm not sure if you meant "free" or just "open source".

I've used the commercial yFiles graph library in the past and liked it
(source-code license available).  It supports various
input/output formats. You will find more info in Chapter 8 of the
developers guide (2nd link below).

http://www.yworks.com/en/products_yfiles_about.htm
http://www.yworks.com/products/yfiles/doc/developers-guide/

If you are only interested in "spring-embedder" graph-layouts, you might
want to check out the Touchgraph-Project (free, Apache
License). The Eclipse-Metrics plugin uses this library in its
visualization component.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/touchgraph/
http://touchgraph.sourceforge.net/
Screenshot from Eclipse-Metrics
http://metrics.sourceforge.net/package_dependencies.gif

Elias.

PS: I'm not affiliated with any of those companies/projects.