Re: [gef-dev] How does the workbench know which editor to use to open up a specific file?

Hi,

the coupling between .flow-file and the editor is done in "plugin.xml",
by defining an editor-extension:

<extension
         point="org.eclipse.ui.editors">
      <editor
            default="true"
            name="GEF Flow Example"
            extensions="flow"
            icon="view.gif"
            class="org.eclipse.gef.examples.flow.ui.FlowEditor"

contributorClass="org.eclipse.gef.examples.flow.actions.FlowActionBarContributor"
            id="GEF Flow Editor">
      </editor>
   </extension>

Elias.

On Friday 30 July 2004 23:52, Yiling Lu wrote:
> I could not figure out how does the workbench know to use the
> FlowEditor (defined in FlowEditor.java) to open up this file. There
> is nowhere this rule is defined or specified.
>
> Apparently there is a missing link in my understanding, could you
> please help me out here?

Back to the top