[gef-dev] GEF feature requests

Feature request:

How about some default implementations of various regularly used classes and application patterns?  When I started using GEF I found it took *way too much* time to develop a simple application that did anything useful.  I understand that keeping everything highly de-coupled is an important design goal for GEF, but at the same time it makes it very hard to design new apps.

In terms of default classes I'm thinking particularly of the way Swing JTable's are designed.  When you first create a JTable you can specify a DefaultTableModel to get you up and running until you understand how they work.  Once you have that figured out, you can go and re-factor, replacing DefaultTableModel with AbstractTableModel (its parent class so most typesafety is also preserved) and implement your model properly.

Regards,

Cameron

Back to the top