[gef-dev] The default line width is changing, but not changing

In Draw2d we were setting the linewidth on a GC to be 1 by default.  This would happen once during the initialization for painting.  Actually, 0 is a better choice, and will appear the same as 1 in most cases.  0 is also the SWT default. This should not affect zooming.  It may affect printing, since 0 on a high-res printer will be really thin.  We will probably need to hard-code what a "hairline" width should be on a printer.  Or, we will treat 0 as if it were 1 when printing.

There are several issues on GTK when using linewidth 1 which go away when using 0.  This is the motivation for the change.

If anyone has concerns please bring them up.  Keep in mind that you can always call setLinewidth if you need 1 for some reason.

-Randy Hudson

Back to the top