[gef-dev] package names for new classes

We have created a new algorithm for calculating shortest paths between 2 points given a collection rectangular obstacles.  The algorithm is similar in architecture to the DirectGraphLayout algorithm.  This means it can be used without using draw2d figures and layout managers.  So, we want to place these classes in a different package.

We are considering using the following two package names:
1) org.eclipse.draw2d.graph (existing package for directed graph layout classes, and future graph-related work)
2) org.eclipse.draw2d.cg (potentially new package for computation geometry)

Really, routing a path falls under "computational geometry", and not "graph drawing" (placement of nodes and possibly bendpoints).  But, do we really need 2 packages, and will anyone know what cg means.  Probably not.  We're leaning towards throwing it in the 'graph' package.

Comments appreciated,
-Randy

Back to the top