[gef-dev] Clarification regarding the inherited abstract method "WorkbenchPart.CreatePartControl(Composite)"

Hi,

In an attempt to create my own GEF editor, I extended the org.eclipse.ui.part.EditorPart class and tried to implement the CreatePartControl method. Please look at the code fragment below:

public void CreatePartControl(Composite parent)

      {

            Label label = new Label(parent, SWT.WRAP);

            label.setText("Hello World");

      }

I imported the required packages and the “Label” class gets resolved properly. However, I keep getting the error

“Class must implement the inherited abstract method WorkbenchPart.CreatePartControl(Composite)”.

Also, the “import org.eclipse.ui.part.WorkbenchPart;” statement gives the message “The import is never used”.

I read the IBM redbook manual and also the GEF help contents with no avail. Could someone please clarify?

Bharath.