[gef-dev] Re: Allow disabling

Hi Randy,

I do think you need to allow the features to be disabled - especially where they do not make sense, as you mentioned in your post. Maybe instead of disabling them, you should allow users to enable them. For instance, if I want to direct edit a label, I have to enable it. I dunno, just my two bits.

Something that might be relevent to the features being implemented.
Suppose I have several editparts in a flow layout.. like so.

Now B can contain A's, also in a flow layout. If I want to add a new B which contains the first two A's. I have to add B in the flow layout. And then drag the first two A's into it.
Something that would be better is to choose B from the palette, and DRAG it over the first two A's (like drawing a marquee rectangle over the first two A's). This action should add B into the flow layout and reparent the first two A's into it. I don't think it is trivial do this with the current GEF.

If you find this relevent, I apologize for not mentioning this before.

Brian.

Back to the top