[gef-dev] Standalone GEF

Hi All,

I am studying the way to implement a wizard. The first idea was using SWT as
it can be either used integrated with Eclipse/WSAD or standalone. It would
allow me implement the wizard out of Eclipse and easily integrate it with
Eclipse in the future, when our company adopts Eclipse/WSAD as corporate
IDE.

However SWT does not offer me DND and related stuff for buiding a WYSIWYG
wizard, so I am planning to use GEF instead.

AFAIK, GEF is used inside Eclipse. The question is, can GEF be run
standalone, i.e. not within an Eclipse environment????

I know its classes import classes from Eclipse core, but are this classes
core classes or just enhacements for GEF within the Eclipse IDE???

Any suggestions instead?

TIA,

Adolfo Rodriguez Miguelez

Back to the top