From: Randy Hudson
To: gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 4:07 PM
Subject: Re: [gef-dev] I think the latest build have some problems

Try this fix to the Demo4.Dragger class:
      public void mousePressed(MouseEvent e){
            last = e.getLocation();
-->         e.consume();
      }

Currently it is now *required* that a MouseListener consume() the
mousePressed Event if it wants a guarantee that it receives future mouse
events.  This is why you are seeing strange behavior.
This was necessary to enable better drag-and-drop support when mixing Draw2d
and GEF.  If you click on a Figure which wants to behave like a Button
(a.k.a. Clickable), you should prevent a native Drag from starting on the
Canvas.

I think we probably need to roll-back "free" mouse capture for figures.

"Joel G Rivera-Gonzalez" <el_pio@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gef-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/11/2002 03:39 PM
Please respond to gef-dev