Re: [geclipse-user] VTK Status

Hello Kenneth,

> Thanks for the reply.  I found the non-EPL part at:
>     :ext:anoncvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/data/cvs/fzk/geclipse
> (which is slightly different than below).  It has the VTK stuff I wanted.

yes, with or without /data it is the same location, don't worry :-)

> So far I have been unable to use g-Eclipse for grid access.  We have
>  Globus installed, but the IT people are not very familiar with it (nor
>  am I beyond globus-url-copy ;-).  I have made a generic VO, but don't
>  know what to do with it.  I am stuck at what to put in "Specify a
>  service to be added to your VO". We do have GridFTP working, but I
>  don't know how to use it in g-Eclipse.

Uhmm... i am afraid for some reason the GenericVO is not offering gridftp as
a new service to be added... only GT2 Gram is there besides gLite services,
not sure why though, will look.
In a full featured grid installation you would automatically find the grid
services through the information service (MDS in Globus, BDII in gLite,
etc) so there is no need to add services by hand.
Isn't your gridFTP server part of some grid infrastructure?
(BTW, in the service URI something like
    gsiftp://<FTP_server_FQDN>:2811/data/ftp
is expected, but if the servicetype is wrong it won't work anyways)

Cheers, Ariel

Back to the top