Re: [geclipse-user] using other EC2 api compatible Clouds - URI change

Hi Simon,

we don't have access to an Eucalyptus installation, therefore we couldn't test our software in this environment so far. But I am personally interested in seeing this happen.

We already thought about a possibility to change the URLs of the endpoints, but you were looking in the wrong places. All endpoint URLs are defined in simple property files (they are not hardcoded!) and you can even modify the text in the dialog boxes and wizard.

I am not sure about your Eclipse experience... just tell me if you have problems understanding the following:

Bundle eu.geclipse.aws.ec2_...jar contains a file plugin.properties with

  ec2ServiceCreator.source.pattern = https://ec2.amazonaws.com/
  ec2ServiceCreator.service.name = Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)

Bundle eu.geclipse.aws.s3_...jar contains a file plugin.properties

  s3ServiceCreator.source.pattern = https://s3.amazonaws.com/
  s3ServiceCreator.service.name = Simple Storage Service (S3)

If you have downloaded one of our packages, you can find those .jar files in the eclipse/plugins/ directory.

Keep me updated about your progress ;-)

Thanks and regards,
Markus