Re: [geclipse-user] FW: Accepted email confirmation for VO geclipsetutor

Dear Tran,

sorry somehow i fully missed this email (i'm away and i think i
inadvertently deleted it)
I saw MAthias' announcement telling that the problem is solved but for
completeness:

> I try to synchronize to server time using such command (because i'm
> using Windows XP): w32tm /config /syncfromflags:manual
> /manualpeerlist:"iwrbdii.fzk.de dgrid-voms.fzk.de" w32tm /config /update
>
> Response of those command confirms that: Command completed successfully
> But i am not sure that the local time is synchronized or not.

no, you shouldn't try to synchronize from
"iwrbdii.fzk.de dgrid-voms.fzk.de"
because these are not NTP (network time protocoll) servers.
Just use
    pool.ntp.org
or better one of your country pools, ie,   de.pool.ntp.org,
etc. or generally
<COUNTRY-ISO-CODE>.pool.ntp.org

Or just leave w32tm pick its own default.
The grid services themselves also synchronize with those NTP time servers
so that should be enough.

Cheers, Ariel

Back to the top