Re: [geclipse-dev] Grid Certificates Problem

Dear Antriani,

I can think of two reasons for your problem:

1) The standard JCE is not "strong" enough to decrypt the certs you are trying to import
2) One of the certs you are trying to import may be corrupt or may contain unsupported extensions

For a solution of 1) see the help content for g-Eclipse:

<cite>
  • download the "Java Cryptography Extension Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files" from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads (or the corresponding site if you have another Java version)
  • unpack that file and follow the instructions in the README. You only need to copy the two policy files into the right path in your Java installation, namely: $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security
</cite>

For a solution of 2) I recommend to try to import one cert after the other to see if the problem is a general one or only occurs for one specific cert.

Cheers, Mathias

Hi all,

I have been using g-Eclipse to extend it with social functionality.

I had a problem with the importing of the grid certificates -
I was getting a parsing error after the change of the certificate format.
I temporally solved the problem by using http://dist.eugridpma.info/distribution/igtf/current-old/accredited/tgz/ instead of
http://dist.eugridpma.info/distribution/igtf/current/accredited/tgz/.

Now the current-old fails for some certificates giving :

Plug-In:
eu.geclipse.core

Contact Address:
N/A

Unable to load certificate

Reasons:
N/A

Proposed Solutions:
N/A

Stacktrace:
eu.geclipse.core.reporting.ProblemException: Unable to load certificate
at eu.geclipse.core.security.X509Util.loadCertificate(X509Util.java:163)
at eu.geclipse.ui.internal.preference.SecurityPreferencePage.addCertificates(SecurityPreferencePage.java:335)
at eu.geclipse.ui.internal.preference.SecurityPreferencePage$11.run(SecurityPreferencePage.java:373)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Could not parse certificate: java.io.IOException: DerInputStream.getLength(): lengthTag=11, too big.
at sun.security.provider.X509Factory.engineGenerateCertificate(Unknown Source)
at java.security.cert.CertificateFactory.generateCertificate(Unknown Source)
at eu.geclipse.core.security.X509Util.loadCertificate(X509Util.java:159)
... 3 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: DerInputStream.getLength(): lengthTag=11, too big.
at sun.security.util.DerInputStream.getLength(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.util.DerValue.init(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.util.DerValue.<init>(Unknown Source)
... 6 more

when i try to import them.

Thanks,
Antriani Stylianou