[geclipse-dev] Potential Collaborative meeting

Hi All

My name is Mark Basham and I work at Diamond Light Source in the UK (www.diamond.ac.uk)  We are currently involved in several eclipse based projects for use at our facility, OpenGDA (www.opengda.org) which is the control software for the equipment at our facility, and my project the SDAWorkbench (www.sda-workbench.org).

The SDA-Workbench project is a collaborative effort between Diamond and some other Synchrotron's such as the ESRF and the APS, the aim of which is to provide a data analysis framework for users of these facilities.  Because of this we are very interested in other eclipse projects which may be of use to synchrotron users, and the g-Eclipse projects seems to have some powerful functionality which they could exploit.

In regards to this we are hoping to have a meeting during the first week of February at Diamond Light Source in which various scientific software projects can be showcased and future collaborations investigated.  With this in mind is there anyone from your project who would be interested in this meeting? There is the possibility that money could be found for travel and accommodation if a participant is from a VDAC collaborator.

Please let me know if you, or anyone you know is interested and I’ll try to look into costs etc. and get things moving as soon as possible.  Also if you know of any other scientific software projects, especially those which are using the eclipse framework, who may be interested in collaboration or simply showcasing their work, please let me know.

Thanks for your time, and look forward to hearing from you.

Mark Basham

Senior Software Scientist

Diamond Light Source