Re: [geclipse-dev] Support for SGE and SLURM

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, Ola Spjuth wrote:

Hi,
I am new to gEclipse and just wanted to ask about the possibilities to
submit jobs to SGE and SLURM from within gEclipse, and if this is the case
maybe you could point me to some tutorial how to achieve this?

Hi,

We do not have direct support for SGE and SLURM. If you need this you should implement it. It should not be difficult. :) You can look at wu.geclipse.batch plug-in. There is a set of abstract classes for batch system support. There are also examples for PBS and LDF.

The job submission uses IGridJobService. If you would like to use standard job submission wizzard to submit jobs to SGE, you need to prepare SGEJobService (inheriting from IGridJobService). You should look into eu.geclipse.core (IGridJob* classes) and maybe into eu.geclipse.core.jobs. Example implementation can be found in eu.geclipse.globus, eu.geclipse.glite and eu.geclipse.gria. Globus implementation is probably the simplest and more similar to SGE.

Regards,

Pawel

Back to the top