Re: AW: [geclipse-dev] Problem creating a Proxy

> It seems that my Syse (notebook) has a problem. I just copied my eclipse
> installation to my desktop-pc (ubuntu) and no problems occured. But I still
> couldnt figure out what has happened to my Syse (yast says firewall is
> off), maybe something has changed during an update? Any ideas what I can
> check?
> > java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
> > 	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
> > 	at org.globus.gsi.gssapi.SSLUtil.read(SSLUtil.java:42)

Bernhard, it could very well be that your laptop's time is wrong, please check
the clock before all.

SSL just closes the connection without reporting any error message when
authenticating the user fails, because that way you don't "leak information"
to attackers, but at the end it sucks because you don't have a clue where the
problem lies...

Actually in the server logs i see:

The certificate has expired: Credential with
subject: /C=IT/O=GILDA/OU=Personal Certificate/L=fhv/CN=bernhard
winder/CN=proxy has expired.

So either your cert has really expired or your laptop's time is wrong (time in
the future by several seconds could cause that also) It is recommended that
you use some regular time synchronization method like ntp etc.

Hope it helps, cheers, Ariel

Back to the top