[geclipse-dev] RE: [g-Eclipse] Yoxos package install of dev environment (again)

Hi David,

I spent some time with Markus/Ariel on Tues afternoon, to see if we could figure out what was going wrong with the Yoxos stuff. I originally had over 600 errors when compiling, and we were able to get this down to 8 by the end of the day. Remaining compile errors were then limited to the following plugins:

com.xerox.amazonws
eu.geclipse.aws.ec2
eu.geclipse.aws.ec2.test
eu.geclipse.aws.ec2.ui

See attached email for more info on this. Markus said he would go away and try to resolve these remaining problems. Any progress on that Markus?

In terms of what went wrong, it does seem that the project sets, etc, are out of date. For example new plugins have been added recently, or some moved from CVS to SVN. I don't think it made a difference about which cvs account you use.

Perhaps Yoxos tried to check out a CVS module that was no longer there? Anyway, after this, it was supposed to install stuff from orbit

You can see the project set if you go to this link
http://ondemand.yoxos.com/geteclipse/start?profiles=868129468_1218707196035418732
Then click on g-Eclipse Development -> Workspace Provisioning
In the Information tab below, click the Team tab and you'll see

SVN
CVS
Orbit CVS

So Markus sent me an orbit.psf file (see attached), which can be installed manually in Eclipse, to fix many of the dependency problems.

File -> Import -> Team -> Team Project Set
Select default options

We initially thought that there were only missing plugins from CVS (I had already checked out manually all the plugins from CVS, after deleting the few that I'd managed to check out from Yoxos). However, it seems that this is not the whole story, as there were still several plugins missing from SVN, including

eu.geclipse.core.sla
eu.geclipse.core.sla.ui

Also, we needed to check out some plugins from another SVN site.
In SVN Repositories perspective, create a new SVN location:

svn://dev.eclipse.org:/svnroot/rt/org.eclipse.smila

Then check out:
com.sun.jaxb
javax.xml.stream
javax.xml.bind

Like I said, this was a bit trial and error, so these should not be taken as definitive instructions. Markus - feel free to fix this, or add anything that you remember that we needed to do.

Perhaps these workarounds could be put onto the project wiki and updated when we find improvements?

Cheers,

Ken.