[geclipse-dev] Screenshot images for the Help system

Dear all,

just a reminder regarding the screenshots that you upload to the help
system:

** please use the  *PNG* format for the images instead of JPG!
   I don't mean we must replace the existing jpg's but please don't upload
   new ones in that format!

JPG uses a lossy compression that makes for small files but is adequate
only for photos (in screenshots you will see some dark dots around text on
a white background etc)
PNG is better suited to for screenshots/non-photo stuff.

GIF is an alternative for PNG but there is no real reason to use two
different kinds of files.

Thanks, cheers, Ariel

Back to the top