Re: [geclipse-dev] Missing/incomplet Help documentation

Hello Jie,

thanks for your comprehensive list of possible improvements. Good work!

I have some remarks here:

Tao, Jie pisze:

A: g-Eclipse Developer Guide

1. Programmer's Guide

For FZK:
-- no hints how to acquire the source code of g-Eclipse
-- no description about programming discipline (code style/copy
rights/comments, plug-in dependency requirement, Unit tests for quality)
-- no item about VO issues -- Authentication: the picture "create new auth token" is old; we shall
give the reader a sample implementation class as reference (e.g.
eu.geclipse.gria.auth.griaKeyStore, griaKeyStoreDescription)
-- no description about the problem reporting system

I would also add something like "how to extend extension point" for developers who are not familiar with this technology (at least link to eclipse documentation about ext-points should be here).

3. Middlewre (we have the most problems here!! The texts are mainly
copied from the section Concepts and hence do not relate to the specific
middleware. Everybody please checks his own part)

When we restructured documentation according to middlewares we had an idea that:
- "Concepts" should contain only middleware independent text

- everything in "Middlewares" should contain all functionalities used by given middleware from this middleware point of view.

If given functionality is used by middleware, then should be described in "Middlewares" part even if this functiality doesn't contain middleware specific parts. E.g. functionality "Delete VO" works and looks in the same way for all middlewares, so the same text is the same for all middlewares.

Thanks of this user can open Middleware chapter and review all accessible functionalities for this middleware without jumping to "Concepts" part.

So: documentaion in Middleware section can contain texts from Concepts section (physically it is not copy, but it's link to general Concepts section). Especially following topics are IMHO correct:
-- GRIA: g-Eclipse setup, The Grid Project, Job
Management: the description is not related to GRIA

Next remarks:

-- GRIA: Grid Authentication
would be nice to have pictures with GRIA token instead of globus token

> -- Globus: most descriptions are not for globus
Some descriptions are OK (given from General Contepts). But at least "job management" should be removed at all if we don't longer support it.

Mariusz Wojtysiak

Back to the top