Re: [geclipse-dev] Displaying VO CEs in the Grid Projects view

Hello Emmanuel and thanks for looking into our product.

gEclipse retrieves the CEs (as well as SEs and other grid services) from a bdii service. Have you entered a bdii service in the VO that you have created? If you have, make sure that you have given a correct name to the VO. gEclipse displays only the resources that support the VO that you have created. So, if you have created a VO with a different name nothing will be returned.

Thanks,
Nikolaos Tsioutsias.

Emmanuel TAUREL wrote:
Hello all,

I am working for the ESRF (http://www.esrf.fr/) where we have a project to test GRID infrastructure.
We have our own VO (xray.vo.eu-egee.org)

We are also investigating into the gEclipse project.
I am a beginner in both GRID technologies and gEclipse (Sorry about that...)

I found something strange in my gEclipse Grid Projects view.
I have created two authentication tokens:
1 - A Globus proxy
2 - A VOMS proxy for our VO
I see our VO in the "Grid Projects" view but under the Computing node, I have nothing (to be precise, I have "No matching elements found") But, if in our user interface, I type the lcg-infosites command, I get the following output:

[taurel@grid-ui01 ~]$ lcg-infosites --vo xray.vo.eu-egee.org ce
#CPU    Free    Total Jobs      Running Waiting ComputingElement
16 16 0 0 0 grid-ce02.esrf.eu:8443/cream-pbs-short 16 15 1 1 0 grid-ce01.esrf.eu:2119/jobmanager-lcgpbs-xray 16 15 0 0 0 grid-ce01.esrf.eu:2119/jobmanager-lcgpbs-short 1262 810 0 0 0 grid-ce3.desy.de:2119/jobmanager-lcgpbs-testing 1262 810 456 452 4 grid-ce3.desy.de:2119/jobmanager-lcgpbs-default 16 16 0 0 0 grid-ce02.esrf.eu:8443/cream-pbs-xray

I guess that gEclipse is doing something similar to what lcg-infosites is doing to get the CE list. Therefore, my question is why I do not see any CE in the "Grid Projects" view

I hope this mailing list in the correct place to send such an e-mail.
If it is not the case, could you tell me where I can send this e-mail

Thank's for your answers

Emmanuel Taurel (taurel@xxxxxxx)