[geclipse-dev] AWS Refactorings

Hallo gEclipse

Over the last two weeks we did some major refactorings regarding the AWS implementation. What once was a monolithic implementation is now a flourishing basar of possibilites (metaphorically speaken). What we actually did was to take the static eu.geclipse.aws.ec2 implementation and extracted the generic aws portions (Vo concept, access credentials etc) and moved them into a base plugin eu.geclipse.aws. This foundation can now be extended upon to implement existing AWS services like EC2, S3, DevPay etc. Thanks to Mathias for making some of the implementation details possible.

What does that mean for you? The best approach is to remove the existing projects eu.geclipse.aws.ec2* plugins from your workspace and check out the new implementation:

- eu.geclipse.aws
- eu.geclipse.aws.ui
- eu.geclipse.aws.test
- eu.geclipse.aws.ec2
- eu.geclipse.aws.ec2.ui
- eu.geclipse.aws.ec2.test

Make sure that you have removed the old eu.geclipse.aws plugins (hosted in svn) which contain the s3 implementation. The s3 have been renamed to eu.geclipse.aws.s3 (as pointed out in last weeks mails). Migration of the s3 implementation to the new architecture has not started yet but is high on our list.

Although the aws/ec2 implementation has been tested thoroughly (both unit test wise and manually) such a major rework needs evaluation. You can get a quick snapshot here: http://iwr-geclipse.fzk.de:8443/luntbuild/app.do;jsessionid=1quipc0k24eov?service=direct/1/Home/builds.buildViewerComponent.$DirectLink$3&sp=S%2Fartifacts%2FEPP-packages

The code will also be part of the nightly builds.

Any feedback you can provide will be highly appreciated.

regards
Moritz

Back to the top