Re: [geclipse-dev] new plug-in not in team

On Monday 13 August 2007 16:19, Tao, Jie wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I created a plug-in (as fragment) for testing core.filesystem. It is not
> in team, i.e. when I open the link team, I get only two items: Apply
> patch and Share project. I can not create patch.Markus, can you tell me
> why?
>
> Jie

A patch is the delta between two states, in this case it is the delta between
the repository version and your local (modified) version, but there is no
repository version yet...

If you start with a new project, you first have to build the necessary
infrastructure for holding the repository metadata. This is done with the
command 'share project'. When you have an initial version of the new project
in the repository, you can go on with creating patches, but the first thing
is always the import of the newly created project into the repository.

In short: If it is to be checked into Subversion, export the whole project to
a ZIP or tar.gz archive and attach it to a bug.

Markus

Back to the top