[geclipse-dev] Testing Services

Dear All,

I'm in the process of putting together some tests for services.

The idea is that users will be able to use the Grid Project view to test
whether the listed services (the list of services provided by the bdii)
is actually functional.

Use case:
1)The user open a Grid project and lists the services available for the
specific VO.

2)The user right-clicks the service and the context menu contains an
entry "Test this service". The user selects this option.

3)The service is "pinged" and the result is conveyed to the user.

What I need from you:

Anyone who uses service (for example but NOT LIMITED TO:  WMS, SRM,
bdii ) should provide:

1) A short textual description of the proposed test or tests.
   E.g. for BDII
	test 1: check that the service is running by connecting and
disconnecting
	test 2: make sure that there are at least some CE's, services and SE's
included in the BDII

2) I would like to go over these tests individually with each developer
who proposed them and decide which ones to include. Once we decide what
tests to include I'd then like to have some code snippets that perform
this tests. The should probably come from code you have already written,
or are planning to write.

>From the Grid project view I need the following:
1) Ability to contribute actions to items included in the VO resources
2) Perhaps the ability to mark unavailable resource (by modifying the
icon)

Thanks,
George

Back to the top