[geclipse-dev] Testing the Pre-Release

Hi All,

Just to clarify some things, as long as gLite is not working it is not possible to create a Grid project. The reason for this is that the only VO implementation we currently have is the VOMS VO that is part of gLite. And since you need to have a VO to create a project this will fail.

But this should not prevent you from testing the product. In fact nearly all functionalities that are not directly related to gLite (like for instance the VOMS proxy or the BDII) can be tested. For instance you are also able to create a connection or a JSDL file in another type of project (C, Java or whatever) as long as you are in the Grid Project View. You should also be able to test the Globus job submission. Furthermore we have a lot of other functionalities (SSH, gLogin, the preference pages, the web view …) that should work without gLite and can therefore be tested. So it is time to focus on these other functionalities concerning the test of the pre-release. So again I wish everybody a happy testing and I hope to get a lot of bug reports that I can reassign to other people ;-)

Cheers, Mathias

Back to the top