AW: [geclipse-dev] running Globus jobs

Hi Radek,

> Is there a way that I could submit several jobs to different machines with
> one click?

At the moment not, but...

> My plan is to build a test suite for all of our machines that I could run
> whenever I come across any problems on our grid. Maybe I could also utilise
> the jUnit GUI for this purpose.

...we planned to have a benchmarking tool for Grids in our first release candidate that will be available at the end of June. The purpose of this tool will be the submission of one (or a bunch of) jobs to different worker nodes at the same time in order to test and/or benchmark these nodes. So for me it sounds as if this tool could be helpful for your purposes, too. Maybe you would like to give us some hints on your requirements since we always want to meet our users needs.

Of course another solution (if you would not like to wait for our test suite) would be to implement a basic test facility by yourself based on g-Eclipse. Since the g-Eclipse source code is distributed under EPL you are free to use it to implement your own tools. And since in principle everything for a job submission to several machines is already there (but not yet combined in the way you would require it) it should be not that much work to come up with a dedicated "testing tool" for your purposes.

Cheers,

Mathias

Back to the top