[geclipse-dev] Network Preferences

Hi All,

Since we are now going for Eclipse 3.3 I removed the g-Eclipse Network Preference Page and all related Preferences from the core and the ui according to bug #184598. So in order to adjust your network settings you have to use the Eclipse 3.3 Network Preference Page that can be found in the Preference Dialog at “General->Network Connections”. The only operation that makes currently use of these network settings is the download of the CA certificates. Would be great if you could crosscheck if the new implementation works for you and give me some feedback if there are any problems - especially if you are behind a proxy that needs authentication since I cannot test this in the FZK.

Some further notes:

-          For sure you need to build g-Eclipse against Markus’ target. But since we agreed to switch to this target I am quite sure that everybody already did this switch.

-          If you rely on URL-connections (http, https, socks) you should use eu.geclipse.core.Preferences.getURLConnection(URL). This method examines the specified URL and gives you an appropriate URLConnection object with the right proxy settings for the scheme and the host of the specified URL.

Wish you all a nice weekend,

Mathias

Back to the top