Von: geclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:geclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Tao, Jie
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2007 16:12
An: Developer mailing list
Betreff: [geclipse-dev] Quality metrics

Dear all,

As mentioned in the audio meeting this afternoon, I give you a brief
description of the metrics I thought about. Please give me suggestions
of novel ones.

1. Size: code size (statements, blank, comments, executable), method
size (number of lines) (! 30% of comments is regarded as efficient)
2. Class: number of methods (two large means many children and high
inheritance-->prevent reuse)
3. Messages: number of methods which can be invoked in response to a
message (measuring complexity)
4. Cohesion: is defined as the degree that methods in a class are
related to one another. It is measured with "how methods use the same
data field in a class"
5. Coupling: measured by "number of classes on which a class depends"
6. Inheritance: measured by "number of ancestors and children of a
class"

Cheers,

Jie