[geclipse-dev] Eclipse 3.3 and 3.2

Hi *,

I wanted to start a discussion about the next major Eclipse 3.3 Release. It is
called the 'Europa' Release and the final release will be available at the
end of June...

In our project kick-off last year we agreed to use Eclipse 3.2 (Callisto) as a
platform to develop the g-Eclipse framework and tooling. Now I want to know:

- What would be the best time to make the switch?
- Do we need the backward compatibility to the 'old' version 3.2?
- Do we provide two development streams, i.e. one 3.2 and another for 3.3?
- Which areas of our code need to be changed? Are there incompatibilities?
- Are there any new features in 3.3 that are required for our future work?
- What else?

What are your opinions?

Regards
Markus