Re: [geclipse-dev] Install G-Eclipse

Hi Pjotr,

thanks for your interest in the g-Eclipse project.

In general you can open the SVN perspective in Eclipse (both, Subclipse and
Subversive will do), open the plugins directory in the TRUNK and import the
plug-in projects by right-clicking and selecting 'Check-Out'.

As a result you got the plug-ins imported into your workspace and you can
browse our source code. The repository does not contain plug-ins in binary
form that could be copied into the Eclipse plugins directory.

But read on...

For now it is not yet possible to check-out the source code from the Eclipse
repository and start immediately using and developing new Grid functions.
There are two reasons:

  * There is a dependency to an external library; we will refactor our code
    soon and this dependency problem will go away.

  * The code in the repository does contain the core functionality; therefore
    you need additional plug-ins that implement the specific Grid middleware
    dependend layer.

As long as we have not all plug-ins available at eclipse.org early adopters
and interested people can use our external update site. This site contains a
snapshot that is working with the g-Lite middleware.

[1] Open the update manager: 'Help' > 'Software Updates' > 'Find and
    Install...'
[2] Select 'Search for new features to install'
[3] On the next wizard page: 'New Remote Site' with
      Name: 'geclipse'
    Make sure that you have also selected the Callisto Discovery Site and
    press 'Finish'
[4] Select an update site mirror and you will come to a new wizard where
    you can select the g-Eclipse Features ('g-Eclipse' and 'g-Eclipse
    Add-ons')
    To install the missing dependencies open the Callisto Discovery Site
    and press the 'Select Required' button. While this is a bit odd, it
    is the only way to have the Update Manager install all the necessary
    additional features.
    You should now be able to press next and follow the install process
    in the Update Manager wizard.

It is work in progress. Please check our website http://eclipse.org/geclipse
and the wiki http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/g-Eclipse. We will continually
enhance our features and move more and more things to eclipse.org.

And in the end: We are very happy to get feedback in our newsgroup or in form
of bugzilla entries!

If you need additional information to get it running, please do not hesitate
to contact me or other team members.

Regards
Markus

On Sunday 04 March 2007 12:07, POD69@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello
>
> I want to install G-Eclipse on Eclipse but dont know what to do? I checked
> the svn out and got a directory with the plugins in it and a few other
> directories like test doc etc. I just copied the content of the plugins
> directory into the plugins directory in eclipse but nothing happened?
>
> regards pjotr

Back to the top