Re: [featuremodel-dev] Variability

 Hi Holger,

thanks. I found the code in the implementation classes. I would like to ask, what is the semantics of upper and lower? In the code there is the comparisons of upper and lower to various combinations of -1,0 and 1.

 } else {
        type = VariabilityType.OR;
      }

Would setting lower to 4 and upper to 10 a valid combination? And what would it mean? Why did you decide to define variability by means of to ints instead of an enumeration?

Thanks for the info!

Andreas

Hallo Andreas,

that is right. The reason is quit simple. The variability is defined by the semantic of
the group to which a feature belongs. A feature is an alternative feature because it is
part of a group of features from which exactly one feature has to be selected. The
variability method is only a shortcut and easier to understand:

   feature.getVariabilityType() == ALTERNATIVE

   vs.

   feature.getParentGroup().getLower() == 1&&  feature.getParentGroup().getUpper() == 1

Best regards,
   Holger