Re: [featuremodel-dev] Variability

Hallo Andreas,

that is right. The reason is quit simple. The variability is defined by the semantic of
the group to which a feature belongs. A feature is an alternative feature because it is
part of a group of features from which exactly one feature has to be selected. The
variability method is only a shortcut and easier to understand:

  feature.getVariabilityType() == ALTERNATIVE

  vs.

  feature.getParentGroup().getLower() == 1 && feature.getParentGroup().getUpper() == 1

Best regards,
  Holger

--
Holger Papajewski
Phone: +49-391-54456920 Fax: +49-391-54456990

Back to the top