[featuremodel-dev] Features and Facets

Hi to EMFT Feature and EMFT Facet projects,

I just noticed the EMF Facet project's CQ and it looks really neat. Forgive my ignorance please, but I'm wondering how/if the EMFT Feature and Facet projects are connected, both technically and in terms of collaboration?  My initial hit is that the Facets project is more about extension/advisement of EMF models on the implementation side, and the Feature project is more about providing formal semantics and validation for those kinds of extensions. (I'm trying to avoid using the words I'm trying to define in the definition!)

To put it more bluntly, if my primary interest is in taking an existing ecore meta-model(s) (including ecore itself) and enriching and/or modifying the model, including support for tooling, which project would most closely fit the bill?

thanks for any insight you can share,

Miles

Back to the top