[examples-dev] Flat project

Hey folks. I've started thinking about the Slideshow contribution. Each of the current examples was created as a separate component. With the changes in the development process, these components are actually subprojects now. Due to changes in the development process, to make this be a separate component with a separate set of committers, we require a proper project proposal/creation review.

I'm thinking that this is a bit of overkill and that, at least for the moment, it probably makes sense to just have all the examples just be directly part of the project proper (i.e. no components or subprojects), subject to a single release schedule, and modifiable by a single set of committers.

This is especially true since the current set of committers is small.

At some point in the future, we can change this and break things back out into separate subprojects if the situation demands it. For now though, it seems a little excessive to go through the rigors of creating separate subprojects because we might someday need to have different sets of committers on the different components.

Does any of this make any sense?

Can anybody think of any reason not to do this?

Thanks,

Wayne

Back to the top