Re: [examples-dev] Need a plan

Hi Wayne,

see comments inline.

Wayne Beaton wrote:
We've been provisioned for a while now and it's time for a plan.

Right now, we've got two components in the project with actual
checked-in code. We've also got agreement in principle to move the
Sudoku Example from DSDP into a component of the Examples project.
There's also a Tic-tac-toe component proposal that we need to move on
(one way or the other); comments welcomed.
That sounds cool. Will see what we can do about single-sourcing with RAP.
The project proposal, states that the project itself is not intended to
release a 1.0. I'm not sure how I feel about whether or not the project
should even do point-releases. I'm inclined to think it should, but am
not really sure what that means.
Some thoughs about this topic: We should have regular releases attached to the current version of Eclipse. Without this restriction it would become a big mess thinking of supported API etc. We should be very careful to remove everything deprecated from the examples and provide better examples for APIs. You mentioned the release train: I think we definitely should strive for being part of the release train. Looking at the Platform team they provide many examples but most of the users are not able to find them because they are scattered across their website/CVS. So I think it's a very important point to have a really good user experience when consuming the examples.

--
Benjamin Muskalla
Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH

www.innoopract.com