Re: [esl-dev] RE: [technology-pmc] Time to move builds/downloads to eclipse.org?

Hi Yves. Thanks for your quick response.

The ESL website has included offsite links for downloads for a very long time.

I want to to make some immediate changes. First, the "Downloads" link in the left-nav on the project web page can't point to a non-eclipse.org property. Reduce the many links on the website to a *single* link to www.eclipse4sl.org. That link should open a new browser window. Further, please add some words around the link to indicate that it is the former/old home of ESL and that the project is in the process of moving distribution to eclipse.org.

You need to do this anyway, so it's not extra work.

If you are working on producing a distribution from eclipse.org, then you're going to need to start producing nightly, integration, and milestone builds. Those builds need to be hosted at eclipse.org and are the *only* thing that you can list as an official "download" from the project page.

The project website needs to be updated per the link I provided below. It would also be nice to see the site adopt the new "Nova" skin. Again, this needs to happen, so it's not extra work.

Project data needs to be provided in the portal. In particular, we currently do not have a link to a description of the project. Releases need to be indicated. If provide a CVS path for the project, then Dash will be able to provide content for the "Commit Activity Meter" and your committers will be correctly indicated as "Active".

Please note that, while the project is in incubation, you can only do "0.x" releases. Are you planning a graduation

Let me know if you need help with any of this.

Thanks,

Wayne

yves (yingmin) yang wrote:
Hi Wayne,

We are working on the next release, which is scheduled for the end of Match.
We prefer to publish directly this build, instead of the rebuild the old
one. It seems it wastes our resource and energy for a build only for 2 or 3
months. Please let me know if you agree with this plan.
Best regards
Yves YANG