[ercp-dev] how to simplify eUpdate

Hi all,
I am trying to find a way to create a very simplified process of
updating an application.
To do so I assume to have one single update site available.

The RCP book suggests a simple thing like:

        String usName = "test updatesite";
        String usUrl =
"http://www.testsite.com/ercp/com.testsite.workbenchapp_updatesite/";;
        UpdateSearchRequest result = new
UpdateSearchRequest(UpdateSearchRequest.createDefaultSiteSearchCategory(),
                new UpdateSearchScope());
        result.addFilter(new BackLevelFilter());
        result.addFilter(new EnvironmentFilter());

        UpdateSearchScope scope = new UpdateSearchScope();
        try {
            URL url = new URL(usUrl);
            scope.addSearchSite(usName, url, null);
            result.setScope(scope);
        } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

and on that searchresult te use of UpdateJob.

UpdateJob is not available in the eRCP, so I am right now trying to
butcher pieces from the org.eclipse.ercp.update plugin in the hope to
make it works.
Since it is getting complexer by every step I take, I wanted to ask if
there is a simpler method to do the update in eRCP.

Thanks, best regards,
Andrea

Back to the top