Re: [ercp-dev] first approach and fonts

Thanks for the reply Mark,

> The eWorkbench is not coded to use any device/user preferences for font size
> since there is no standard way to obtain this info. So if on your particular
> device, the fonts are too small, the easiest thing to do is recompile the
> eWorkbench plugin with your own font size specified.

Ok, so I will have to tweak it, thanks for the pointer.

> You typically see boxes instead of characters when the device font does not
> support the character being displayed. Some device manufacturers provide
> additional fonts that you can download to the device. Make the new font the
> default, and most apps should use it and display the right characters.

That is so strange, because even the default font shows the boxes. I
also tried to set a Tahoma font, which is supposed to be present for
sure in Windows Mobile and I get the same error. Also this only
applies to spaces and striong endings (not \n, simply the end of the
string, i.e. "COM4" gets "COM4[]" with the brackets being the box). I
will  investigate further.

Best regards,
Andrea