Re: [ercp-dev] first approach and fonts

The eWorkbench is not coded to use any device/user preferences for font size since there is no standard way to obtain this info. So if on your particular device, the fonts are too small, the easiest thing to do is recompile the eWorkbench plugin with your own font size specified.

You typically see boxes instead of characters when the device font does not support the character being displayed. Some device manufacturers provide additional fonts that you can download to the device. Make the new font the default, and most apps should use it and display the right characters.

From:        andrea antonello <andrea.antonello@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        08/24/2011 04:43 AM
Subject:        [ercp-dev] first approach and fonts
Sent by:        ercp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi list,
I am quite new to the eRCP project and was successful in adding
applications to the eWorkbench using the phoneme jvm.
So far I am amazed about the possibility to go mobile developing in rcp.

Due to the display size (I guess) of the device, the font is  way to
small to be readable, which is why I supplied custom fonts to the
widgets.
I could not find a way to do this in an overall way (themes do not
seem to be supported). I have 2 main problems:
- the eWorkbench parts are still small. Do I have to modify the plugin
directly to change the UI font or is there another way?
- the texts have strange rectangles [0] instead of the spaces

Best regards,
Andrea

[0] as code 141 in the table here
http://www.asciitable.it/asciiext.asp