[ercp-dev] IBM WEME vs. Sprint Titant

Hi all.

When I want to deploy an application to a mobile device, I've always used WEME Personal Profile v5.7.2. With this JVM, eRCP worked fine. However, with the new version of eRCP (version 1.3), this JVM seems to be old and throws this exception:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java/lang/Exception.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Throwable;)V
   at org.osgi.framework.BundleException.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.InternalSystemBundle.resume(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.launch(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeL(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Unknown Source)

I tried with other versions of WEME more recents, but I didn't have any success. Finally, I've tried with Sprint Titan (https://developer.sprint.com/site/global/develop/technologies/sprint_titan/p_sprint_titan.jsp) and it works great with eRCP.

By the way, I've found an interesting link where there is a tutorial about how to configure Eclipse with Sprint Titant to develop eRCP applications:

http://picisblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/developing-titan-applications-tools.html

Best regards.

--
Enrique Pérez Olivares.