Re: [ercp-dev] Enhancing the eSWT experience for MIDlet developers

I suspect that we need the subset for MIDP regardless of the porting
effort. Not all parts of the eJFace is suitable for MIDP. There are
some parts that are not very usable on MIDlets for instance the
preferences package, however the parts like resources are definitely
needed.

I also think that single sourcing is probably a reasonable effort. I
think most of it is about creating the APIs on the MIDP side. Unlike
eRCP apps. MIDlets are exposed to the eSWT Display creation an the
event loop. I think that is the first thing we should address. It will
not only help with single sourcing but also make eSWT MIDlet
development easier. I guess we can also utilize the Views from eRCP as
part of it. eSWT lacks the concept of Views, and that makes it harder
to design application navigation on MIDlets.
--
Gorkem