[equinox-dev] The relative paths, Re: Seconders for bug 544061 - [releng] Reuse rt.equinox.binaries.loc in launcher-binary-parent?

Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> It gives people more flexibility in building. The relative paths
> "../../../" only work when all clients using that property are at the
> same level. There should be a note on the property. This makes it
> tough to use. But I don't think there is a restructuring planned
> anytime soon. ;)

You've missed the point and it was my fault ;-)

../../../rt.equinox.binaries/ has been introduced back in 2012 [0], see
bundles/org.eclipse.equinox.executable/pom.xml and
launcher-binary-parent/pom.xml. So, anyone building Framework with Tycho
should be well aware of this relative path dependency between projects.

My changes are actually about replacing the same hard-coded relative
path in 2 places with a single property and set it to
../../../rt.equinox.binaries/ instead of ../../../

[1] is the last change to merge, [2] and [3] has been merged already.

[0] https://git.eclipse.org/r/plugins/gitiles/equinox/rt.equinox.framework/+/12c991ab837e7927c3a30ce408f42cde420197ea
[1] https://git.eclipse.org/r/139803
[2] https://git.eclipse.org/r/136176
[3] https://git.eclipse.org/r/139593