[equinox-dev] Strange issue with GoGo + java8 and Oxygen

Hello,

Today I needed to use console in order to do some debug at IDE. So, I started an OSGi Framework launch and used obr:list command from bundlerepository bundle.

Strangely, I received this: "gogo: IllegalArgumentException: Cannot coerce list() to any of [(boolean, String[])]"

I did some investigation and discovered that the cause of such error is in org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Reflective class. Specifically here:

    private static List<Object> transformParameters(Method method, List<Object> in)
    {
        Annotation[][] pas = method.getParameterAnnotations();
        ArrayList<Object> out = new ArrayList<Object>();

The matrix returned by method.getParameterAnnotations() contains two empty arrays ! So any transformation can be done and then the command fails.

Has anyone seen an issue like that before ?

PS. I was not able to experiment with a more recent GoGo version because since its 1.0.0 version, a different export-package is provided (without 'status=provisional') and is not accepted by equinox.

best,

Cristiano

Back to the top