Re: [equinox-dev] Http Whiteboard implementation over Tomcat 8

The bundle you need is:

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.6/R-4.6-201606061100/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet_1.3.0.v20160517-1559.jar

I you are using PDE projects then you can just use this repository as normal.

IF you are using bndtools >=3.3 you can use this repository configuration:

-plugin.Eclipse.Neon: \
ÂÂÂ aQute.bnd.repository.p2.provider.P2Repository; \
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ nameÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ =ÂÂ "Eclipse 4.6 (Neon)"; \
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ urlÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ =ÂÂ "http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.6/R-4.6-201606061100/"

In order to use this bundle with your own servlet container you must create a bundle which will create an instance of

org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.HttpServiceServlet

That instance must provide access to a ServletContext of the real servlet container, and from there the implementation will take over handling sub servlet context's for you.

Here's a real world implementation of this:

https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/blob/master/modules/apps/static/portal-osgi-web/portal-osgi-web-wab-extender/src/main/java/com/liferay/portal/osgi/web/wab/extender/internal/adapter/HttpAdapter.java

Furthermore, I really dislike how this is implemented, It's a pretty terrible API design. It would be great to make this service oriented. I'll certainly appreciate any contributions to make it better.

- Ray