Re: [equinox-dev] Disabling computeUses in ResolverImpl

> Disabling uses is usually not a good idea. I would be interested to know why
> you want to do this.

I was observing rather large initial startup times for an Eclipse installation.
There were ~1200 bundles as part of the installation but past installations of
comparable size never took that long.

The main thing that improved startup time was to ensure the installation didn't
have so many overlapping Export-Packages. After a certain point though (seeing
rather large time spent in mergeCandidatePackages() )I got to thinking about
whether the uses directives might be contributing to this. Disabling
computeUses() seemed to do the trick but I'm also aware of how bad this can be
for debugging actual uses constraint issues.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top