Re: [equinox-dev] Disabling computeUses in ResolverImpl

Disabling uses is usually not a good idea.  I would be interested to know why you want to do this.

To answer your question, I would not disable this in the felix ResolverImpl directly.  Instead I would disable it at a higher level in the equinox container by hiding the uses directives on the osgi.wiring.package capabilities.  This can be achieved now in Oxygen by implementing an Equinox framework extension which implements a hook method org.eclipse.osgi.internal.hookregistry.StorageHookFactory.StorageHook.adaptModuleRevisionBuilder(ModuleEvent, Module, ModuleRevisionBuilder)

Tom

From:        Roland Grunberg <rgrunber@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        10/21/2016 02:04 PM
Subject:        [equinox-dev] Disabling computeUses in ResolverImpl
Sent by:        equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

It seems like in older versions of the Equinox framework it was possible to
disable uses constraint checking on startup (osgi.resolver.usesMode).

This doesn't seem to be possible any longer but I'm wondering if the same
behaviour could be mimicked by disabling the computeUses() line in
org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl [1]. Are there additional side
effects to doing such a thing that weren't present before ?

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg

[1]